Wednesday, July 23, 2014

marathon rook': seriously?!?


well it’s official!  I’ll be running my first marathon on October 19th, assuming I don’t die or pass out on a trail, road or treadmill before then.  it’s anticipated to be one of the most mentally and physically challenging days of my life.  (let’s be honest I doubt I walk away wanting to run another!) so if you’re free come on out, I could use any and all support.  


that aside, i’ve actually started training…and by that I mean I went for 1 long run last week: 8 miles.  the good news is I felt like I could keep going and wasn’t even worn out.  it wasn’t until I walked into the house and started sweating profusely that I realized how hard I had actually worked.  that gives me some kind of promise.

it’s not going to be easy psyching myself up for long runs and there’s a lot of time to think about stuff – like about how long the run is going to be, how winded you are and you’re 1 mile in or where your next drink is coming from.  I think I’ll need to create a killer playlist to keep the momentum up.  I’m not a novice runner by any means but I’m certainly not a veteran marathoner.  this could get interesting.  and by interesting I mean it could cause the dreaded train gain, peturnal strife (Allie's already annoyed that she doesn't come along), dehydration, depression, anxiety, etc.  yep the next few months could be real interesting!

here’s to several hours quality hours with my ipod, my garmin and the open (insert running surface)!  damn bucklist anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment