Wednesday, March 2, 2016

closet shopper : 6 steps to rehab my shopping addiction




  i haven’t been doing a lot of (clothes) shopping lately.  

because...it’s time to rehab my addiction and pad my wallet again.  so…for the next several months i’m only going to ‘shop’ my closet.  except accessories – accessories are still on the table.  my husband is thrilled with this experiment and putting it out there now makes me more accountable.  

i’m not a fashionista by any means but clothing is a big part of my personality.  i love dressing up, flirting with new colors and trends and hunting for the perfect pieces at discount prices (yes, i own rag & bone and tory burch but, NO i did not pay full price – that’s ridic!).  it took me years to identify my style and understand the concept of quality vs. quantity.  now though, as a mom, i don’t have time to shop let alone the excess funds to make frequent high-end purchases; hello daycare and college savings! 

since i am most definitely NOT a sweats and t-shirt type of girl,  (even on weekends i try to coordinate my lounge clothes.) how will i do it?!  

1) i’ll need some pinterest inspo.

    2) i’ll identify my staple pieces and organize my closet accordingly.

     3) i’ll hold myself accountable by posting #ootd posts on Instagram periodically – if nothing else a few likes might make me feel more confident in something that i think is outdated.

  4) i'll get rid of anything that hasn’t been worn in the last 18 months. period!

     5) i’ll replace my hangers.  because fewer items hung on perfectly coordinated hangers will look more appealing. 

      6) i’ll make the time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment