Monday, January 12, 2015

holiday detox: 4 for 30

it’s time to get serious!  i’ve been eating like crap for far too long and the last month of indulgent, rich holiday goodies didn’t help my situation.  in fact since I ran the marathon last October i’ve been eating without abandon – ravishing my cupboards at night and saying ‘yes’ to office treats and afternoon latte breaks.  sure all those sugary drinks, pizza slices and oreos were tasty but after the high wears off i’m left feeling bloated and tired.  sexy. not!!!! 


i need to get back on track and a diet mt. dew is NOT the answer.  i need to do something that will inspire and motivate me.  i need accountability and whatever i do has to be realistic.  i do not do spinach or kale!  so here’s the plan:


1) commit to 30 days of visual accountability.  for the next 30 days i'll chronicle my healthy choices and progress through pictures on my insta account (srsobo) to keep me accountable and motivated. it'll be a visual reminder that it’s possible to make fit happen on the daily.  


2) (more often than not) make the healthy choice in spite of temptation.  whole wheat english muffin & peanut butter vs. cereal; apple vs. kit kat; sleep vs. the bachelor; water vs. pop; workout vs. online shopping – you get the idea.


3) do what works.  for me, flexibility works.  self-control works.  eating from a strict paleo diet or following a rigid workout regimen isn’t realistic for my lifestyle but that doesn’t mean i can’t commit to eating cleaner more frequently or staying active on a daily basis.  it’s about accommodating life so that whatever you do is sustainable long term.


4) change my mind.  if i’ve learned anything in my 29 years of life it’s that your mindset can make or break your resolve.   for the next 30 days i’d rather not waste energy bitching.  i’ll (try to) stay positive although there may be days…


hopefully at the end of this 30 day experiment i’ll have made healthy a habit again. 

simplicity is bliss - i love this 4 for 30 below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment