Thursday, August 28, 2014

#projectwifey: heatha b's final fling


Heather: she’s been one of my very best friends for as long as she’s dated my brother. (for those of you who know them, you know that’s a really long time.) she’s one of the best people I know, is always up for a good chat and never passes up an opportunity for some quality girl time. I simply adore her!  so when she asked me to plan her bachelorette party I was elated!

she’s not a party girl and really wanted something low key for her special day. her only other request was a trip to a nail salon and a bottle of rum. I was happy to comply. as a type A personality I naturally started planning when she asked…in April. although it was planned for late August, summer was going to be full and I like having a plan. it took me all of a weekend and lots of Pinterest scrolling to settle on the details. everything thing would be very girly.

the invitations read time to drink champagne and dance on the table so naturally shirts had to be made. and if we had shirts we would need tutus. if we had tutus we would need to have beads….ok, this isn’t a if you give a mouse a cookie excerpt but it seriously snowballed just the same.

these were so fun! nothing scandalous or mischievous

around noon everyone arrived, we ate, got ready and went to the nail salon. jell-o shots in hand we barely made it on time for our 2:30 appointment. after that our tutus made their downtown debut.


killing time before dinner, enjoying a couple of cocktails
at dinner we surprised the bridey with gifts, more champagne, cupcakes and a couple games. she was feeling pretty feisty by the time we got her back to my place which was perfect timing for a few fun photo booth type shots. by the time we were done with that we were definitely ready to shed the tutus and watch some chic flicks. there’s just something about eating junk food and watching Patrick Swayze and Jennifer grey nail the last dance of the season that entrances you - the movie is masterful and the soundtrack is absolute 80s perfection! how could it not be watched multiple times in one night?!?



which one is not like the other? ;o) 

it was a fantastic night and I'm so glad I got to be a part of it.  congrats Heather!! I can’t wait for you to finally, officially - be my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment