Wednesday, April 9, 2014

pinterest inspired: cody created


since we bought our home last year I have maintained a to-do list of updates and wants that would spruce it up and make it our own.  the list is long; not that our home is in bad shape but, I simply have a unique style that I’d like to bring to life, eventually.  most recently I decided that we should start our bedroom remodel.  our bedroom is huge – obnoxiously large in fact – and changes made in there would have a big impact. 
the problem was that I wasn’t sure where to start.  so I settled on a corner.  I’d start there and work my way into the rest of the room, tackling my biggest challenge first.

the challenge:
given that our home was built in the late 1990s there was a cable jack and plug-in strategically mounted nearly 5 feet up the wall, in the corner above an oak corner shelf.  perfect for a tube television!  fast forward to the 2000s and this unique feature was dated.  the shelf and outlets had bothered me for months.  I knew I wanted to get rid of/or hide them but, I also knew I didn’t want an armoire. I stumbled upon this:

clearly we needed to make it.  after some convincing Cody agreed to take on the project.  here’s the result of our (mostly his) hard work:


 my husband is amazing! thanks babe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment